Monday, January 01, 2007

Movie Review -- Night at the Museum

I spent New Year's Eve at the movie theater watching Night at the Museum. I'm not the only one. The theater was packed. Judging by the crowd reactions, I'm not alone in my enjoyment of this comedy. It was great!

Ben Stiller plays a divorced dad who doesn't really have his act together, but he needs to because his ten-year-old son is starting to notice. He gets a job as the night guard at the Museum of Natural History and finds out that the exhibits come to life at night. Things get messy the first night, but slowly, he learns important life lessons while bringing the museum under control and impressing his young son.

But don't think it's preachy. It's not. And even if it was, I was laughing too much to notice. Owen Wilson plays a cowboy in a diorama who is leading the charge against the neighboring Romans (also in a diorama) led by Octavius (Steve Coogan). The two tiny guys were one of the most enjoyable parts of the film.

I'd definitely recommend Night at the Museum.

No comments: